Back Pain FAQ and Chiropractic Adjustments from a Chiropractor on Our Team
Back pain is, unfortunately, a common issue among adults. Our team at Rasmussen Chiropractic LLC in New Albany, IN, knows this and is here to offer chiropractic techniques to help our community members to help them find relief for their back pain. Consider the following FAQs if you are wondering about possible back pain treatment at our chiropractor office:
What Causes Back Pain?
General back pain can have a number of causes, some of which are caused by trauma and others that are caused by underlying conditions or overuse. For example, causes of back pain we might see in our New Albany, IN, patients include:
- Whiplash injury: Whiplash occurs when a person's neck is whipped forward and then backward at high speeds. Whiplash injuries are commonly caused by car accidents, but they can also be the result of sports injuries.
- Trauma and injuries: Any type of trauma to a person's back can result in lingering pain. This includes sports injuries, car accidents, slip and fall accidents, and much more.
Do I Need Surgery to Relieve My Back Pain?
Surgery for severe back pain might feel like the only option However, surgery comes with risks and potentially lengthy recovery periods. Chiropractic care can be an alternative to surgery and may be able to help you get relief and pain management without needing to resort to such invasive treatments.
How Can a Chiropractor Help with Back Pain?
A lot of people opt to take medication to relieve their back aches and pain, but there are other forms of back pain treatment. A New Albany, IN, chiropractor on our chiropractic care team can help patients find relief in different ways, including:
- Spinal adjustment: Spinal adjustments are chiropractic treatments that are designed to help realign a vertebra that is out of place and therefore might cause pain or make pain worse.
- Massage therapy: Back pain that is caused by trauma might involve back pain related to muscle pain, and that trauma may be able to be relieved through massage therapy.
- Corrective exercise: These techniques include targeted stretches and exercises that can help to strengthen muscles and improve mobility, both of which can help work to ultimately relieve back pain.
Seek Back Pain Treatment with a Chiropract on Our Chiropractic Care Team at Rasmussen Chiropractic LLC
If you are ready to see your options for back relief treatment, contact our team at Rasmussen Chiropractic LLC in New Albany, IN, to set up your first appointment and get yourself on the road to back pain recovery today. Call us at (812) 949-2273 for back pain treatment from a chiropractor on our chiropractic care team.