Chiropractic Massage Therapy
Throughout history, the Egyptians, Ancient Greeks, Indians, and Chinese believed in the therapeutic and pain-relieving properties of having a massage. As one of the oldest forms of healing and considered part of alternative medicine, massage therapy enhances a person’s well-being and manages health conditions.
Massage therapy is a term used to describe various techniques that differ in how touch, intensity, and pressure are applied in treatment. It is the practice of manipulating, rubbing, kneading, or pressing a person’s joints, muscles, or any other soft tissues using hands and fingers. In some cases, elbows, forearms, or even feet are used.
Here at Rasmussen Chiropractic LLC, our chiropractors are committed to providing patients in New Albany with safe, comfortable, and effective chiropractic care to address and relieve their pain, enhance their overall health and general well-being.
What Disorders or Conditions Can Massage Therapy Help Manage?
Research shows that massage therapy is effective in managing:
- Headaches and migraines
- Chronic/subacute low back pain
- High blood pressure
- Soft tissue injuries
Massage therapy is an effective treatment that helps to reduce acute and chronic pain. It also helps patients recover faster from injuries and reduces the need for pain-relieving surgeries and medications in the long run.
What are the Benefits of Massage Therapy?
- It Helps Reduce Pain: By targeting the source of pain, massage therapy promotes the circulation of blood to the injured tissues, which in turn increases the flow of oxygen and nutrients. This increased activity on the damaged tissue helps to reduce swelling and pain.
- It Helps Reduce Stress and Anxiety: Massage therapy reduces the levels of cortisol in the body, a stress hormone that contributes to sleeplessness, weight gain, headaches, and digestive problems. By creating a calming environment, a massage also helps with stress relief and reduces anxiety levels.
- It Improves Sleep: A massage provides a feeling of relaxation and calmness. It also increases the serotonin levels in the body, which naturally helps a person fall asleep quickly and soundly.
- It Helps Lower Blood Pressure: Regular massage therapy sessions help to reduce stress levels, anxiety, tension, and hostility, which in turn lowers blood pressure levels.
- It Helps Improve Blood Circulation: By loosening tendons and muscles, massage therapy allows increased blood flow throughout the body. Enhanced blood flow promotes the healing of injuries, the flow of nutrients and oxygen in the body, streamlines waste elimination, and improves overall body functions.
Call Rasmussen Chiropractic LLC Today
Here at Rasmussen Chiropractic LLC, our chiropractors are devoted to serving our patients in New Albany by providing them with state-of-the-art chiropractic techniques and years of experience and expertise in chiropractor care to help them manage health conditions and enhance their general well-being.
Visit us today or call us on (812) 949-2273 to start your journey to recovery.