Sports Injuries Should Be Addressed by a Chiropractor
At Rasmussen Chiropractic, LLC, we know that sports are a great way for people to learn about teamwork, commitment, discipline, and social and communication skills. At the same time, we also know that a sports injury can happen at any time. Getting hurt in the game can put you on the sidelines for weeks or months. Our chiropractors understand how quickly you want to recover so that you can resume playing the game you love. We are here to help should you get a sports injury.
Sports Injuries We Commonly Diagnose and Treat
Our chiropractors see patients of all ages who participate in a variety of sports. Several sports injuries that we commonly diagnose and treat are as follows:
- Muscle strains: Muscle strains happen when the muscle or tendon is overstretched or torn. High impacted sports and sports that involved repetitive motion are the main causes of a muscle strain.
- Ligament sprains: This sports injury is the tearing or stretching of the tough band of fibrous tissue, which is the ligament. Activities that involved pushing, pulling, or sudden twisting can result in ligament sprains.
- Runner's knee: Runner’s knee is a broad term that describes many conditions that trigger pain in the knee. Several things can bring forth this condition, such as overtraining or overusing the knee, a direct hit to the knee, and inadequate stretching before exercising.
- Dislocations: This painful condition occurs when a bone in the body is forced out of its socket. Along with pain, weakness and swelling around the area affected can happen.
- Rotator cuff: Sports like tennis and baseball are known to cause rotator cuff injuries. It is a tear in the tendons surrounding the shoulder joint.
How Our Chiropractors Can Help
At Rasmussen Chiropractic, LLC, we have a number of safe and effective therapies at our disposal. We have a range of therapies available to our patients to help them recover properly and safely and to help them get back on the field of play as soon as possible.
After finding out the root problem of your sports injury, we will talk to you about your goals and healthcare needs to determine the best treatment plan for you. Depending on this plan and your needs, we may suggest a combination of therapies, such as chiropractic adjustments, physiotherapy, moist heat therapy, lifestyle counseling, and corrective exercises.
Trust the Team from Rasmussen Chiropractic, LLC, with Your Sports Injury
The staff from Rasmussen Chiropractic, LLC, in New Albany, IN, stay up to date on the latest treatments in the field as we believe this place us in the best position to help our patients achieve their goals and needs. If you would like more information about how our chiropractors can help with a sports injury, reach out to us by calling 812-949-2273.